Hey hey everyone! It’s time for my list of awesome stuff to get
me your special loved ones for Christmas! Instead of attaching images of the products themselves, I decided to let YOU dear reader know exactly how I would react if you bought me each item. Let us commence!
5. Movies/TV: Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Bluray set ($50 USD): I’m a huge fan of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, so when the release date for the totally expected Extended Blu-rays was announced I circled the date on my Calender. Of course once I saw the MSRP of the set, I proceeded to burn my calendar with some lighter fluid and matches. Thankfully, the price of the set has come down to a reasonable $50 and will even ship for free from Amazon. So who is going to do a back to back to back Lotr marathon this year? I sure am! Fly, you fools (to amazon.com to buy it)!
4. Geek Culture Artwork (Prices Vary): Are you a geek? Do you love geek culture? Do you have a bare wall in your living space? Spruce it up with some fantastic geek culture artwork by Fabian Gonzalez. Personally, I’ve already ordered a poster for the Video Games Character Alphabet. Can you name them all?
3. Supaboy Portable SNES ($79.99 USD): I talked about this at length on VGH #33, but I figured I’d add a few more thoughts on this awesome product. Apparently the emulation is very stable, the LCD screen has little to no blurring and built in control scheme is very responsive with no lag at all. Get it quickly before they run out of stock!
2. X Rocker Pedestal ($167 USD): If you’re a gamer, you’ve probably been working on building up your butt for a long, long time. So treat that butt with some respect yo! It’s been letting you sit all over it for years and it needs a nice vibrating, relaxing throne. Stop butt abuse, buy a nice chair. Again, for some more thoughts on this nifty product, hit up VGH #33.
1. Sharp Aquos 80″ LCD ($4500 USD): If you’re in the market for a giant tv of doom, then this might be right up your alley. The Sharp Aquos series are among the best in the industry and it seems like Sharp is finally going after that oft neglected internet billionaire market. I figure if you can afford to buy this tv on a whim, you can afford to buy me one too, so just get my contact information by emailing me: email@example.com! Thanks Santa!
Stay tuned to the blog for even MORE holiday gift ideas from Matt, and D.J. coming soon! Have a great holidays everyone.